1. D. Moehs: Plan for diamond foil test at
2. W. Chou: dE/dx and stripping cross section at 750
1. X. Zhang: Electron cloud effect - simulations and measurements
1. J. Fitzgerald: Large aperture BPM linearity measurement.
2. P. Yoon: Linac-MI injection simulation.
1. X. Zhang: Review of electron cloud effect
2. P. Yoon: Plan for 3D space charge simulation in the MI
3. W. Chou: Gamma-t jump system (if time permits)
Recommendations and Action Items
1. W. Chou: Recycler as an
accumulator and 1 sec MI cycle
2. D. Wolff: Power supply for
fast MI cycle
1. D. Moehs: Diamond foil test.
2. Discussion: Preparation for the Director's review.
E. Prebys: The Proton Plan.
1. D. Harding: New 8 GeV beam
line - technical systems.
2. V. Wu: Simulation of the new MI rf cavity
including the tuner.
1. D. Bogert: New 8 GeV beam line -
layout and civil construction.
2. A. Drozhdin: New 8 GeV beam line -
optics and collimation.
M. Kostin: 8 GeV linac beam dump
New MI rf system
1. Z. Qian: Simulation (1)
2. V. Wu: Simulation
3. A. Chen: Mechanical
1. B. Foster: Introduction of the SMTF plan.
2. W. Chou: 8 GeV H- injection workshop.
3. D. Bogert: New 8 GeV transport line layout
1. M. Kostin: Calculation of the 8
GeV transport line beam pipe activation.
2. V. Wu: Preliminary simulation of new MI rf
1. M. Kostin: Calculation of new beam
2. Z. Qian: Preliminary simulation results of new MI rf cavity.
September 30. Follow-up of the MI RF
upgrade discussion of last week (added to from Sept. 7 memo)
1. Phil Yoon, Calculation of Blackbody
Radiation Stripping using Hill-Bryant Method
2. D. Wildman: New MI rf cavity design
September 16: Revised RF
1. W. Chou: Documentation of 8 GeV H- ion study.
2. A. Drozhdin: Calculation of H(0)
excited states lifetime in a magnetic field.
1. J. MacLachlan: A new scheme for linac beam energy jitter correction.
Corrector Cavity for the 8 GeV Linac Proton Driver
2. A. Drozhdin: 8 GeV H- transport
line and collimator design.
1. W. Chou: Status of proton driver
study and plan for September.
2. R. Tomlin: Progress of laser chopping experiment.
3. R. Pasquinelli/J. Reid/D. Wildman: How to do the dual PA test for the MI RF.
1. D. Moehs: Report from the SNS H- source experiment.
2. M. Kostin: 2 MW NuMI target calculation.
3. F. Ostiguy/Discussion: The structure of the proton driver parameter list.
1. M. Kostin: Stripping foil calculation.
2. J. Lackey: Preliminary measurement of 322 microgram/cm^2 carbon foil.
1. W. Chou: 8 GeV H- and foil
calculations - Part I
2. Z. Tang: 8 GeV H- and foil calculations
- Part II
Discussion of 8 GeV H- transport and stripping foil issues
1. W. Chou: Status
of the foil calculations.
2. A. Drozhdin: Collimation in the 8 GeV H-
Proposal for a Fermilab-Beijing Long
Baseline Neutrino Experiment
D. Bogert, W. Chou, F. DeJongh, C. Laughton, A. Para and D. Michael
Presentation to the APS Neutrino Study Meeting, June 28-30, 2004 at Snowmass
Fermilab to Homestake (or Henderson)
Experiment? Doug Michael, June 13, 2004
Possible very long baseline neutrino oscillation experiment between
Fermilab and the IHEP in Beijing, China.
1. W. Chou: Motivation and information
about this experiment.
2. A. Para: Physics issues.
3. D. Bogert/C. Laughton: Tunneling issues.
1. W. Chou: "Raparia's
design of the 8 GeV beam transfer line"
2. D. Carey: The TRANSPORT files of
the beam transfer line. (MSword file)
1. W. Chou: Concerns about the
foil stripping efficiency.
2. J. Lackey: How to measure the foil stripping efficiency at 400 MeV.
3. A. Drozhdin: How to dump the H(0)
May 18: Link to Laser Chopping
May 12 Simulation study for the proton driver:
1. F. Ostiguy: Code development.
2. P. Lucas: Status of ESME vs. ORBIT.
3. J. MacLachlan: MI injection simulation.
1. D. Moehs: Ion source.
2. A. Drozhdin: Injection and collimation.
1. W. Chou: Upcoming events of the
- Two mini-workshops (laser chopping, sc RF)
- Visitors (D. Raparia, H. Bryant), student (P. Yoon), etc.
2. B. Foster: RF frequency choice.
Foster: Choice of
Kustom: Choice of Frequency
1. D. Harding: Progress report of the
MI large aperture quads (WQB).
2. D. Johnson: MI lattice.
1. W. Chou: MI-30 real estate.
Comment from G. William Foster A
Frequency Choice for the SCRF Proton Driver
2. A. Drozhdin: 8 GeV H- injection scheme I.
3. C. Johnstone: 8 GeV H- injection scheme II.
1. W. Chou: Super neutrino
beams around the world.
2. Discussion - CJJ/AD/JL/DEJ/WC: 8 GeV H-
March 22-26, 2004, APAC'04, Gyeongju, Korea
W. Chou, "Proton Driver for Super
Neutrino Beam." (invited talk)
March 17, 2004
1. R. Tomlin: Laser chopping.
2. A. Chen/Z. Tang: Beam pipe prototyping.
New design of a thin
metallic beam pipe.
Effects of thickness
3. W. Chou: SNS HEBT design.
March 10, 2004
Roger Dixon, "Charge for Accelerator
Division Proton Driver Study Group"
Weiren Chou, "Accelerator Division
Proton Driver Kickoff - Motivation, Information and Work Assignments"