Security, Privacy, Legal
- Console application clients are connection free. A tuned, shared
library coupled with a connectionless network protocol allows a typical
application program to load, initialize, display data, and respond to operator
commands in a few seconds.
- The X-Windows are created and owned by manager tasks providing a consistency
in the number and names of windows as well as their behavior. Because the
windows are always present, window creation does not affect program load
- Alphanumeric windows may be resized to one of three font sizes by the
alphanumeric display manager.
- Graphical windows may be resized to one of three pixel sizes. For example,
typical comfort display applications completely fills a 1280 x 1024 pixel
display but display in 640 x 512 pixel format on an office X-terminal without
- A locally built knob, keyboard, and pointing device box allows multiple
screen consoles with multiple vendor displays to be controlled by a single
keyboard, knob, and a choice of pointing devices. Mouse pointers and keyboard
focus travel from the edge of one screen to another.