Hardware Release Note 18.0
C1155 LINK UTILIZATION MONITOR
Walter Knopf, Therese Watts
The C1155 Module is a C1150 module modified to monitor the LINK ARBITER GRANT
time. A C1155 module has been installed in all camac systems in Crate 1, Slot 16.
Using page, both a second average of link time usage and a minute average of link
time usage can be displayed. The devices which return this information are:
This module includes a time-of-day clock which is setup once
by the installer. No database device support is rendered for
the time-of-day set and read functions.
The functions implemented to support link time monitoring are:
- F(0)*A(1) reads time-of-day (3 bytes=hh:mm:ss)
- F(0)*A(2) reads link busy buffer [minutes entries] and DECREMENTS pointer.
- F(0)*A(3) read link busy buffer [seconds entries] and DECREMENT pointer.
- F(16)*A(1) sets time-of-day clock
- F(16)*A(2) sets read pointer to last valid link busy time (minute)
and is used for subsequent reads via F(0)*A(2)
- F(16)*A(3) sets readpointer to last valid link busy time (second)
and is used for subsequent reads via F(0)*A(3)
- 'BT' will display the percentage of grant time
on any ANSI terminal connected to RS-232 port #1.
The update rate is 1 second.
- The analog output displays instantaneous usage (at a 1khz update rate),
where 0 to 10 volts corresponds to 0 to 100% busy.
Keywords: Epicure, Camac, Link, Diagnostic
Security, Privacy, Legal