Salivary Gland Tumors
Neutron therapy is appropriate for the following histologies:
Patients who may benefit from neutron therapy include:
- Acinic Cell Carcinoma
- Adenoid Cycstic Carcinoma
- Fibroxanthoma, aggressive benign
- Malignant mixed tumor
- Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma
- Pleomorphic Adenoma
- Carcinoma in ex-Pleomorphic Adenoma
- Squamous cell carcinoma
- Newly diagnosed patients with unresectable (inoperable) disease, or residual disease following surgery (positive margins).
- Patients whose disease has recurred after surgery and/or radiation.
- Patients who have no residual disease following surgery but are considered at risk for recurrence.