Soft Tissue Tumors
Neutron therapy is appropriate for the following histologies:
Patients who may benefit from neutron therapy include:
- Alveolar soft tissue sarcoma
- Epithelioid sarcoma
- Ewing's sarcoma
- Hemangioendothelial sarcoma
- Histiocytoma, atypical or malignant fibrous
- Synovial cell sarcoma
- Newly diagnosed patients with unresectable (inoperable) disease, or residual disease following surgery (positive margins).
- Patients whose disease has recurred after surgery.
- Patients who want to avoid the surgical option of amputation.